Giulia Sivelli (Royal Veterinary College, London) has completed her MSc. in in Molecular Biology of The Cell, University of Milan, Italy (2013-2016) and BSc. in Animal Welfare and Husbandry, University of Milan, Italy (2010-2013). Currently , she is a Ph.D. candidate within the Marie Skolwdoska Curie ITN Tendon Therapy Train. Tendon Biology Group Department of Clinical Science and Services Royal Veterinary College London under the supervison of Dr. Jayesh Dudhia and Prof. Roger K. Smith. She is working on 'Profiling Extracellular Vesicles derived from Equine Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Tendon Derived Cells for Tendon Regeneration'. The main goal of this project is to investigate the equine Bone Marrow derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell (BM-MSCs) and Tendon Derived Cell (TDCs) secretome to inform the design of novel cell-free therapies for a successful tendon healing toward efficient tissue regeneration. This will be achieved by using an in vitro model of equine tendon inflammation, serum free culture conditions and surface topography stimulation of equine MSCs and TDCs to induce the expression of Extracellular Vesicles (EVs) with regenerative and anti-inflammatory potential.
- Pascal Vroemen, 2019, PhD Student at cBITE (Cell Biology Inspired Tissue Engineering) and BiS (BioInterface Science in Regenerative Medicine
- Marc Mazur, 2019, Master Student at BiS (BioInterface Science in Regenerative Medicine
- Aurélie Carlier, 2018, Assistant Prof at cBITE (Cell Biology Inspired Tissue Engineering)
- Dennie Hebels, 2018, Project Manager at cBITE (Cell Biology Inspired Tissue Engineering)
- Marloes Kamphuis, 2018, Lab Manager at cBITE (Cell Biology Inspired Tissue Engineering)
- Nadia Roumans, 2018, Lab Technician at cBITE (Cell Biology Inspired Tissue Engineering)
- Linfeng (Joseph) Li, 2018, PhD student: Trophoblast stem cell differentiation via TopoChip Technology.
- Nick Beijer, 2018, PhD student: Topographically enhanced cell culture systems to induce and monitor mechanobiology.
- Frits Hulshof, 2016, PhD student: Topochip: Technology for Instructing Cell Fate and Morphology via Designed Surface Topography.
- Jenny Brinkmann, 2016, PhD student: Dynamic bioactive surfaces for cells using cucurbiturils.
- Maqsood (Max) Ahmed, 2014, postdoc: High-throughput screening of fiber spun scaffolds.
- Anouk Mentink, 2014, research technician and lab manager.
- Eelco Fennema, 2014, PhD student: An analysis of trauma and its solutions in bone tissue engineering.
- Bach Le Quang, 2014, PhD student:Decellularized cartilage matrix as an alternative for demineralized bone matrix.
- Nathalie Groen, 2014, PhD student: High throughput screening of bone graft materials.
- Vanessa LaPointe, 2014, postdoc: Molecular biology in 3D.
- Karolina Janeczek, 2013, PhD student: Endothelial differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells.
- Hemant Unadkat, 2012, PhD student: The effect of topography on cell behaviour.
- Joyce Doorn, 2012, PhD student: Paracrine signaling of human mesenchymal stem cells.
- Anindita Ganguly, 2012, PhD student: Clinical translation of bone tissue engineering.
- Ana Barradas, 2012, PhD student: Molecular mechanism of osteo-induction.
- Hugo Andre Alves, 2010, PhD student, Ageing and human mesenchymal stem cells.
- Jun Liu, 2009, PhD student, Bioluminescent imaging in tissue engineering.
- Jojanneke Jukes, 2009, PhD student, Embryonic stem cells in cartilage tissue engineering.
- Hugo Fernandes, 2009, PhD student and postdoc,The role of extracellular matrix in bone tissue engineering.
- Ram Siddappa, 2008, PhD student, Protein kinase A signaling in bone tissue engineering.
- Sanne Both, 2008, PhD student, Mouse embryonic stem cells in bone tissue engineering.
- Ruud Licht, 2007, research technician, Target discovery for bone-regeneration.
- Naomie Amsing, 2019: Difference in ERK activity in relation to cell cycle arrest as a response to surface topography.
- Nadia Takke, 2019: Differentiation of hMSCs into tenocyte-like cells on tendon-imprint topographies.
- Thomas Woud, 2019: Tendon-like surfaces influence tendon marker expression and cell alignment for tenogenic phenotype maintenance.
- Bas Voermans, 2019: Implementing Deep learning neural networks for prediction of cell count on TopoChip and correlation to topography induced proliferation.
- Niles Smolders,2019: The influence of micro topographies on SRC inhibition for early chondrogenic differentiation.
- Floris Honig, 2018: Assessing the expression level of mechanical sensitive markers on topographical surfaces.
- Fred Zhaoji Shen, 2018: Construction a computational model linking extracellular matrix properties to biomedical signaling pathway.
- Bianca Lourens, 2018: Imaging capabilities to explore possibilities in distinguishing monocytes from healthy donors and monocytes exposed to proinflammatory factors.
- Adrián Seijas Gamardo, 2018: Cell communication between mesenchymal stem cells and monocytes/macrophages
- Iris Wijnen, 2018: Mechanotransduction pathways involved in topography-induced cell behavior
- Francesca Bolk, 2018: Monocyte migration in response to proinflammatory factors
- Jingyun Wu, 2018: The response of flexor tendon derived cells to TGF-β2 exposure,
- Rianne Helgers, 2018: The response of flexor tendon derived cells to TGF-β2 exposure
- Zarina Nauryzgaliyeva, 2017: Braille code for cells: hMSCs protective response to cellular deformation induced by surface topographies
- Estela Arteaga, 2017: Study of the effect of topographies in human mesenchymal stem cells and cardiomyocyte size and proliferation
- Rika Reihs, 2017: Digitalizing life at the interface: Finding the missing links between biomaterial properties and biological pathways
- Ben van der Veer, 2017: Changing epigenetics with a Braille script for cells: The effect of micro topography on global histone acetylation and methylation in human mesenchymal stem cells
- Bram van Steen, 2017: Live Cell imaging reveals dynamic cell response to microstructured topographies
- Luc Sondorp, 2016: Gene regulatory effects of bone graft materials on osteoblasts
- Jéré van Lente, 2016: Topography screening with mesenchymal stem cells